Thursday, October 21, 2010

Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying in an International School

Since I was in Pre-K, I’ve studied in the same school, an international school. What I enjoy the most about it is that you can meet people from all around the world, learn their cultures, and see new students arrive. What I dislike about an international school is that people come and go, and never come back. I’ve lost many friends, but at the same time make new ones. My best friend since fourth grade left last year, and it was the first time I had actually felt the real meaning of losing a friend. I guess they feel the same way when they move, sometimes I think the people that stay are the ones that suffer, but actually I think that it’s harder for the people that move, since they have to say goodbye to all their friends and make a whole new bunch in their new school. Maybe that’s why proms are so sad, since everybody goes to a different collage, where everything is harder, and you might just need a trustful friend.
Sometimes, losing friends isn’t that bad, because you can see them again in some other opportunity, in vacations, parties or some other time. But what I’ve learned through the past years in an international school, is that people come and go just like the cycle of life, and someday everybody will meet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment