Monday, March 28, 2011

New Driver in the Family

Since October 2010, my older sister began college, here in Venezuela. Since she was becoming more and more independent, she began to learn how to drive. Over time, she felt the need of a car, or in other words my mom’s car. She wanted to start to drive as soon as possible, so she took her driving classes, and practiced almost every weekend until she gained my parents confidence. After fighting for months and months to finally get my mom’s old car, she did it! On February 2011 they gave her the car. I could notice she loved the sensation, of freedom; she couldn’t wait to go anywhere she could. Now, she is a total pro, I think I can also use it as an advantage, since if my parents can’t take me somewhere… She can!
Then I got myself thinking, in a few years that will be me. Driving, going anywhere I want, returning at any time I want, and having the same sensation of freedom my sister does. But of course, it’s only a faze, wanting to separate from your parents and become more independent. Anyways hopefully I will gain my parents trust easier than my sister, since she had to go through a lot of obstacles and mine are already done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment